The Alliance for Connected Care submitted a letter to the House Ways & Means Committee providing input to the Committee hearing on “America’s Mental Health Crisis.”
Our letter summarizes the following recommendations:
- Congress should permanently remove obstructive in-person requirements on mental health through telehealth.
- Congress should move to fully remove outdated originating site requirements on telehealth.
- Congress should ensure continued access to audio-only mental health care.
- Congress should ensure Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), and Rural Health Clinics can furnish telehealth in Medicare.
- Congress should work with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to address provider enrollment concerns and facilitate actions to reduce provider burdens.